Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Grammie turns 95

About 1 year ago my dad and his siblings moved my Grandma from her long time home in Kansas to Loveland, Colorado.  It has been such a blessing getting to see her more.  In August she turned 95 so we celebrated with a big party.  After living alone for over nearly 30 years it was clear that my Grandma loved all the attention.  We skipped all the candles, but still sang happy birthday and at the end the kids started singing, "are you one, are you two ... after 5 Taylor chimed in and said we better start counting my 10 's. :)

A few days later, on her actual birthday Emily and I got the pleasure of eating lunch with her while the other kids were at school.   It was fun to meet many of her "lunch friends" and see her all smiles from all the attention with flowers, balloon, cards and greetings.   Happy Birthday Grammie ~ we love you!






No comments: