Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cheerleader in Training

Anyone who knows me well knows I am not really a girly girl. I love sports, I am low maintenance and only wear dresses on special occasions. So as you can imagine my beautiful daughter Taylor who is very girly has stretched me and challenged me to tap into my more feminine side. I am learning to braid hair, make jewelry and have fun playing Barbie’s. She doesn’t like soccer and would rather play the role of “encourager” than actually playing the game. One day she once asked me if her Aunt Bonnie could teach her how to be a cheerleader because she knows I did not know how. Though we are different, I love watching her grow into an amazing beautiful young lady. One of the things I loved most about my mom was the way she allowed me to be who God created me to be. I am sure she worried about me just like I worry about Taylor from time to time, but I know that God has special plans for her and I am trying to let Him be the captain of that ship. So with that said, it was a special weekend for Taylor as she got to cheer at the halftime of the girls and boys high school basketball game. After a mere 3 lessons she took the floor (along with about 40 other girls) and cheered like a superstar.




1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Aunt Bonnie would be happy to teach you some cheers:)