Sunday, February 1, 2009

Remembering My Mom

Today would have been my Moms 67th Birthday. I am not sure a day goes by that I don't think about her and wish she was still here. Whether it is dropping my kids off at school and I see a grandma walking with her grandkids into the building or it is getting dressed and I put on a shirt that use to be hers. My heart still hurts as I long to know what life would be like if she was still here. I wish she could experience Taylor, Brandon, Caleb and now Emily grow into these amazing little people. I know she would be so proud of each one of our kids. Taylor for her sweet disposition and soft heart, Brandon for his outgoing fun-loving attitude, Caleb for his amazing heart and determination to overcome the many challenges he faces daily and for little Emily and her feisty disposition and determination to never be left out. I am grateful that both Taylor and Brandon still talk about her fondly and the special times they had together. Most of all I miss her spiritual influence in my life and the impact she would have had on my kids. My mom was such a strong Godly women who taught me so much about the person I want to be and how to trust & follow Christ even in the hard times. I have learned to cherish the memories and to be thankful the many years we had together. She may be gone, but she will always be in my heart and the lessons & legacy of faith & love will live forever as I pass those down to my kids.

To view the slide show below in full screen just click on the scrapblog star in the lower right corner and it should open a new window with a larger version.

No comments: