Sunday, July 26, 2009

Everlasting Love


My heart is heavy today as I think about my mom. It was 3 years ago to the day that my mom went to be with Jesus. I still don’t think a day goes by when I don’t think about her and wish she was still here. I miss her friendship, her strong faith, positive outlook, her unconditional love and amazing joy she found in spending time and caring for my kids. While Taylor and Brandon still speak of her with great fondness, I only wish she could have built a relationship with Caleb and Emily. I can only image how proud she would be of each of them. I can’t help but think that she would have been Caleb’s greatest cheerleader and constantly holding him up in prayer. Even though our time together was too short her impact was huge! She taught me so much about life, loving others and most of all finding peace and joy in having a personal relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ. Her legacy of faith and love lives in me every day. While my heart aches for her presence, I find peace in knowing that she is in heaven with our Lord. I still don’t understand the whys, but I trust God, the source of live and life everlasting. For God is Good – All the time – for that is His nature.

No comments: